Look at the organizational chart below. Read the definitions on your book and try to place the positions under the right level of staff. Click here to see the full list of kitchen positions.
0 of 1 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 1 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Tips for the Kitchen Positions
1. A Line Cook is a cook in charge of a particular area (station) of production in a kitchen. It’s the same level as Sauce Chef.
2. An Executive Chef is a chef that leads and manages the kitchen and chefs of a restaurant or hotel. Executive Chef is at the top of the hierarchy.
3. Grill Chef is after Executive Sous Chef in the hierarchy. He is in charge of the grill station.
4. Pantry Chef, Pastry Chef, and Butcher are other station chefs and are on the same level as Grill Chef.
5. An Executive Sous Chef is a chef who is the second in command in a kitchen; the person ranking next after the Executive Chef.
6. A Prep Cook is responsible for the preparation of ingredients and its level before a commis.
7. Chief Steward is also on the same level as station chefs. However, food is not cooked in this part; dishes are washed.CorrectIncorrect