Click here to listen to some explanations about sautéing. Then find the correct word to complete the phrases. Before you fill in the blanks, visit your interactive e-book and check the meaning of the words below.
0 of 1 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 1 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Fill in the blanks with the correct phrases.
1. Coating the surface of the food by oil or butter it from sticking to the pan.
2. Cutting food to a uniform thickness and size ensures that it will cook .
3. Tossing or flipping the food in the pan ensures that it cooks .
4. Ingredients for sautéing are usually cut into pieces or thinly sliced to fast cooking.
5. A sauté pan must be large enough to hold all of the food in one .
6. Sauté pans have wide flat base to maximize the surface area for heating.
7. The low sides allow quick evaporation and escape of .