Listen to and read the some other mechanical food preparation methods. Fill in the blanks with the correct words below. Check your interactive e-book to learn the meaning of the words you don’t know.
0 of 1 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 1 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Fill in the blanks.
1. In cooking (and more specifically baking), g is a process in the making of bread or dough, used to mix the ingredients and add strength to the final product.
2. is the process of breaking solid food items into smaller particles. Special equipment is available to different types of food, such as a meat grinder and a coffee grinder. The method is also known as milling.
3. is a specific type of mixing process which uses a specialized machine called a blender to grind or puree ingredients together.
4. is to remove the outer skin/covering off of an ingredient, commonly a fruit or a vegetable. is usually implemented with a peeler.
5. is the process of planing off thin strips of a food ingredient. The method, which can also be used in the preparation of many other foods, is often used to prepare Parmigiano Reggiano and potato chips.
6. is shredding a food item, such as a vegetable or cheese, into short, thin strips. is carried out by metals with semi-sharp reliefs called graters. The method is applied by moving the food up and down on this piece of metal.
7. is filling the cavities in some vegetables and meats with another food ingredient or mixture. These mixtures are also called “ ” or “filling”. Many foods may be stuffed, including poultry, seafood, and vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, and squash blossoms.
8. in pastry is stuffing any product with another pastry ingredient. These pastry materials are called filling materials. s are semi-fluid, pasty foods that are sometimes used to fill a pastry and sometimes chocolate. Cream, custard, ganache, and fudges can be used as filling materials.